Monday 2 January 2012

How I Relax....

Hi Ladies,

A bit of a personal post but lately I've been suffering with a little bit of stress and anxiety. To be honest I don't know what has triggered this but I've had a panicky feeling in the pit of my stomach and just haven't been able to relax.

I have quite a stressful, target driven job so maybe the pressure of that along with Christmas stress might be the combined reason that lately I just don't feel like me. I've been doing a lot of soul searching recently and just can't put my finger on the problem at all.

I know that a lot of people can identify with these kind of feelings so I wanted to share what helps me relax (as silly as some of them might be) and ask what tends to help you when you have moments like this:

  • Catching up on my favourite Bloggers posts
  • A hot bath with bath oils and bubbles followed by lots of lovely smelling and thick body moisturiser (Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate is a current favourite)
  • Music! Depending on my mood Ron Pope and Drake usually do the trick
  • Drinking lots of tea (milk and one sugar please)
  • Organising things (such as my wardrobe helps clear my mind)
  • Clearing out my car then having it valeted
  • Burning candles
  • Looking at photos on my IPhone
  • Talking on the phone
  • Starbucks hot chocolate (with hazelnut or caramel) and cream
  • Making plans/lists (ideally in a new notebook!)
  • A bit of gradual tanning moisturiser (Dove Summer Glow) or self tan (Loreal Sublime Bronze) always makes me feel better
  • Finding a new blog/blogger that I can relate to (this has happened with Mariannan
  • Having a massage

What helps when you're not feeling yourself?

Thank you for reading and I hope that some of you can relate.

Thank you for reading.

Lots of love,
Amy

xxx

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic post and something I can really relate to lately. Your list is practically an exact match to mine, particularly the lists and organising things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Hun! I'm glad that you can relate!

    Organising things helps me! What else do you do?

    xx

    ReplyDelete