A bit of a personal post but lately I've been suffering with a little bit of stress and anxiety. To be honest I don't know what has triggered this but I've had a panicky feeling in the pit of my stomach and just haven't been able to relax.
I have quite a stressful, target driven job so maybe the pressure of that along with Christmas stress might be the combined reason that lately I just don't feel like me. I've been doing a lot of soul searching recently and just can't put my finger on the problem at all.
I know that a lot of people can identify with these kind of feelings so I wanted to share what helps me relax (as silly as some of them might be) and ask what tends to help you when you have moments like this:
- Catching up on my favourite Bloggers posts
- A hot bath with bath oils and bubbles followed by lots of lovely smelling and thick body moisturiser (Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate is a current favourite)
- Music! Depending on my mood Ron Pope and Drake usually do the trick
- Drinking lots of tea (milk and one sugar please)
- Organising things (such as my wardrobe helps clear my mind)
- Clearing out my car then having it valeted
- Burning candles
- Looking at photos on my IPhone
- Talking on the phone
- Starbucks hot chocolate (with hazelnut or caramel) and cream
- Making plans/lists (ideally in a new notebook!)
- A bit of gradual tanning moisturiser (Dove Summer Glow) or self tan (Loreal Sublime Bronze) always makes me feel better
- Finding a new blog/blogger that I can relate to (this has happened with Mariannan
- Having a massage
What helps when you're not feeling yourself?
Thank you for reading and I hope that some of you can relate.
Thank you for reading.
Lots of love,