Thursday 12 January 2012

20 Beauty Blog Questions

Hi Ladies,

I'm back with 20 Beauty Blog Questions to let you know a little more about the girl behind the Serendipity Beauty Blog!

1. Why did you start your blog? 

I started my blog because other blogs really inspired me. It was how I relaxed and wound down and wanted to write about products that I am passionate about and hopefully interest other like minded people.

2. How long have you been blogging for?

Not long! Since October 2011.

3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?

The community!  I love chatting to like-minded bloggers/readers and meeting new people.

4. What frustrates you most about blogging?

At the moment, it is building up my blog and making posts interesting when I have no motivation. I want my blog to be recognised and I want to have lots of lovely followers!

5. How much time a week do you spend on your blog / reading other people’s blogs?

Reading other people’s blogs? HOURS and hours every week. On my blog? Probably a couple of hours per week at the moment.            

6. What advice do you have for aspiring beauty bloggers?

Just do it! Write about what inspires you and makes you happy and you can't go far wrong.

7. What other hobbies/interests do you have?

Cinema, going to the gym when I can be bothered, seeing friends, eating out....

8. How many bottles of nail varnish do you own?

    

Probably around 100 I think, I don’t dare count. 

9. Do you set yourself a shopping budget, or do you purchase on an as-and-when basis?

I purchase on an as-and-when basis or as soon as there is enough hype on the blogs to force me to buy a product. I wish I could stick to a budget as it would be more sensible!

10. What is your favourite make-up brand, and why? 
     
Hmmm, a difficult one! I don’t think I could pick just one as I love different brands for different reasons. In particular, I love MAC, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. Also, I’m developing a slight obsession with Illamasqua (the lipgloss in Divine is incredible!)


11. Do you ever leave the house without wearing make-up? 
   
Yes, on ‘off days’ I don’t mind. Of course, I feel much more ‘me’ in make up. Dressed down basics would be foundation, concealer and lipbalm.


12. What is your favourite beauty product and why? 

I’d say either foundation (currently using Jemma Kidd Light As Air and Mac Prolongwear) or lipbalm (too many to list!)

13. What is your favourite nail varnish of all time? (yep, only one!)

          

Ohhh, a really tough question!! I’d probably say either OPI Lincoln Park After Dark or Sephora OPI’s Metro Chic.

14. Tell us about the best holiday you’ve ever been on.

I couldn’t pick just one! I know my best holiday ever is due to happen this year though!!
J   

15. What would be your ideal day off?   

A lazy morning of pampering and reading blogs, spend a long time getting ready, shopping, food and cocktails.

16. What is your favourite TV show?

 

Anything trashy such as Made In Chelsea or Keeping Up With The Kardashians. As geeky as it sounds, I can’t get enough of Ross Kemp On Gangs and The Idiot Abroad either!      
     
17. What music do you enjoy listening to? 


One word.....Drake.         

18. What is your favourite food? 


I  love love love pasta! And steak and roasted vegetables from my favourite restaurant. 
    
19. Where would you most like to visit in the world? (Money no object) 

There are so many places. New York, Brazil, Australia, South Africa. I'd also like to go to LA and Vegas again.

20. Tell us a secret… 

I used to be a Tomboy. My favourite outfit used to be a Liverpool FC football shirt, a Kappa tracksuit and Nike Air Max trainers. Cringe!!
Thank you for reading!

Love,
Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment