Tuesday 1 November 2011

High End Beauty Buys...

Hi Girls,

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts recently. I've literally not had ANY free time. I think the clocks going back and the dark nights are making everyone so sleepy and exhausted!

Anyway, I wanted to follow up my previous posts with what I consider to be high end 'must have's'!

Firstly, you'll probably hear me go on about the following products for the rest of my days, so apologies in advance!

Mac Studio Fix Fluid:




So, this is the foundation that I always go back to and have done for so many years. Recently I have tried Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation, Chanel Pro Lumiere and Mac Pro Longwear but still find myself reaching for this.

I'll admit, I do love the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation but haven't found myself reaching for it much recently. Chanel Pro Lumiere looks lovely when first applied to the skin but I would not recommend this to ladies with oily skin. My skin is normal/combination and made me look oily rather than dewy and seemed to disappear from my skin after just a few hours. I do like Mac Pro Longwear and to be fair, maybe I haven't given it much of a fair trial but so far, aside from its staying power, which is brilliant, it does seem to be lacking something, I just don't know what.

Mac Studio Fix is everything that I want from a foundation; the coverage is great, I use 1-2 pumps and buff in to my skin with a Mac 187 brush. It makes my face look flawless with buildable application without looking cakey or mask like.

Mac Studio Fix Concealer: 



Again, another product that I have used religiously for years. This concealer provides great coverage for redness and blemishes but I'm not too sure about under eye circles. I've been hearing rave reviews about the Bobby Brown Corrector so might invest in that. Has anyone tried this? I'd really appreciate your comments about it. Is is worth the price tag?

Mac Strobe Cream:


Most people use this product mixed in with their foundation or tinted moisturiser to give their skin a boost and an extra glow. Personally, I dab the tiniest amount on the top of my cheekbones and sometimes a little bit on my eyelids if I am looking tired.

Nars Laguna Bronzer: 
After trying so so many bronzers, I repurchase this all the time. It gives a really natural glow, is great for contouring and never looks fake or orange. One compact of this usually lasts me a year so value for money works out great, compared to cheaper alternatives that last for 6-8 months. If you haven't tried this product before, I highly recommend that you do.

Dior Amber Diamond:


You knew this one was coming. I have no need to hype this product. Everything that has been said is true! I will repurchase over and over again. I use the tiniest little bit on the top of my cheekbones and sometimes use lightly on the eyes too.

Clarins Lip Perfecter:



I feel like I am just repeating what every single blogger has to say but this is seriously amazing. It's available in several shades (three,  I think) but i have only tired the shade 002. This looks really pretty on the lips, is not sticky and each tube lasts around about three months. I'd be keen to try the other shades. What are your thoughts on these?

This post could carry on forever seriously, but the above really are my staples. What are your favourite high end beauty buys and why?

As always, thank you for reading. Your comments are appreciated!

Love, Amy

x

No comments:

Post a Comment