Monday 28 November 2011

25 Beauty Questions

Hi Ladies,

I noticed this on a couple of the blogs that I read recently and I can't resist a questionnaire! I find it so interesting to read what others have to say so thought I would give it a go...

1. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge, or fingers?

I usually apply foundation with my fingers in the areas that need coverage then buff in with a foundation brush (MAC 187 is great for a flawless finish.)

2. Do you apply your eyeshadow from light to dark? or dark to light?

Light to dark.

3. Do you prime your eyes?

Sometimes. I usually use Mac Painterly Paintpot as a primer on my eyes but I have lost it! I have the Urban Decay Primer Potion but for some reason, I don’t reach for it.  

4. Concealer first, or after foundation?

After. I don’t understand the logic of putting it on before as it will just wipe off when foundation/tinted moisturiser is applied.

5. Go for manicures, or manicure yourself?

I usually do them myself if my nails are short and natural. If I want gel/Shellac/acrylic then I would always go to a salon. I’m careful where I choose though as I’m so particular about my nails.  

6. Exfoliate lips, face or both?

I exfoliate my face YSL Exfoliator or Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer and usually exfoliate my lips with a flannel and warm water when needed.

7. On average, how long does it take you to do your makeup?

It can take me between three minutes – thirty minutes depending on what I am doing that day and how tired I am!

8. Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?

No. I don’t wear make up when I go to the gym and I don’t wear it if I’m just around the house.

9. What release are you most excited about? (Makeup)

Ummm, to be honest, none that I am aware of. Mac can be hit or miss with their Christmas collection. YSL’s does look very pretty this year though.

10. What’s your weakness? Shoes, purses, clothes, jewelry, eyeshadow, lipstick or other?

I would have to say bags. Guilty as charged!

11. Do you whiten your teeth?

I had them whitened some time ago and use whitening toothpaste every day but now I am thinking of trying the Crest Whitening Strips.

12. Wax eyebrows, or pluck?

Thread or pluck if I am really desperate!

13. What do you use to contour?

At the moment I am using the Sleek Contour Kit and Nars Laguna Bronzer to contour

14. False lashes, or natural?

I go through phases. Natural at the moment. I think The Only Way Is Essex might have put me off lashes for a while.

15. Favourite makeup brand?

MAC with Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown as close seconds.

16. Liquid eyeliner, pencil or gel?

Depends on my mood. Usually I’ll use Mac Smoulder Eyeliner, if I have the patience and time, Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack.

17. Lipstick, lipgloss or chapstick?

Chapstick at the moment as it’s really cold but usually a gloss would be the winner.

18. Pigments, pressed or cream eyeshadow?

Pressed eyeshadow. It’s the least messy!

19. If you had to wear only one thing, excluding foundation; what would it be?

Bronzer to lift the face and to contour. Or Mac Strobe Cream. Or Dior Amber Diamond. I don’t know!!

20. Favourite colour?

I love colours like Urban Decay – Half Baked and Mac – Melon – sooo pretty and different!

21. Favourite colour combination?

A plain base colour like Mac Phloof with a shimmery brown like Mac Woodwinked.

22. Natural? or Dramatic? (Eye Makeup)

It depends on the occasion. Sometimes I love nothing more than a natural pretty eye. Saying that, I love lots of liner, mascara for nights out.

23. Do you care more for quality or name brand?

Quality, 100%.

24. Do you enjoy using face masks? If so which ones?

To be honest, I haven’t used a mask in a long time! I need to up my game by the look of this questionnaire! There are a few lush ones that I would like to try, any recommendations?

25. What is your current addiction? (example: lipsticks, eyeshadows, earrings..)

Mascara, I’m always on the look out for the one that will change my life! I thought YSL Mascara was the one….sadly not though. 

I hope that you enjoyed reading! Please comment if you decide to do the same questionnaire as I'd LOVE a nosey at your answers.

Thank you for reading!

Love, Amy

2 comments:

  1. 1. fingers are quite good to apply on face everywhere.
    5. If i get time i go to parlor, but usually i get them done by myself.

    25. I too use Mascara...i cant go out without it.

    Thanks for the list of questions, i got few ideas of makeup here.

    Questionnaire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this Ruby Claire! x x

    ReplyDelete